We all like to create something a little bit different, and with the Hackney & Co collections it's so easy!
Crafter & blogger Katie Lamb entered our monthly Guest Designer competition last month by using the hashtag #CCMakes on projects which used Craft Consortium products and beat some tough competition.
In recognition of her fabulous designs she chose to receive the beautiful and highly sought after Tell The Bees paper pad to craft with.
Here's what she made first...
1. Take two sheets of patterned paper and cover a 5x7 card with half of each sheet.
2. Take a sheet of gilded patterned paper and cut a 6 cm wide strip.
Use a punch to create a decorative edge and adhere to card.
3. Paint a strip of wall tape with gold paint and once dry adhere it to the centre of the card along with a few die-cut leaves.
4. Create a shaker box by die-cutting a small frame using a large and small hexagon nesting die placed inside each other. Cut one from patterned paper and one from craft foam.
5. Next cut out a base and top using the larger die. Cut one from patterned paper and one from acetate.
6. Take the piece cut from patterned paper and glue the foam frame to the base with strong glue. Leave this to dry before adding sequins and beads inside.
7. Seal the box with the acetate and then glue the frame cut from the patterned paper over the top.
8. Once the shaker box has dried, Adhere to the card and decorate with flowers.
9. Cut out one of the bees from the topper sheet and add to the edge of the shaker box
10. Finish with a sentiment.
Want to make your own Tell The Bees shaker card?
Shop the Tell The Bees collection online: www.craftconsortium.com
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To see more of Katie's beautiful projects follow her here:
On her blog: www.whatkatiedid2.blogspot.co.uk
On Instagram: lifeinasnapshot2013
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/Lifeinasnapshot2013